Library Partners Press is pleased to announce a call for nominations to the inaugural Writer-in-Residence Program.
As part of the Library Partners Press vision to serve as an incubator for writers and content creators (of all stripes), the goal of the LPP Writer-in-Residence program is to support the creative process of Library Partners Press Award winners during a six- or twelve-month time period, so they may complete and in fact publish a manuscript within the Residency timeline. The Resident’s completed manuscript and published book will be celebrated in grand style.
The Resident’s work can be of any style or genre, but must be “vetted” by the LPP Editorial Board, via the LPP Award process. Applicants must be willing to commit to all associated duties of the residency, which include:
- Appearing (if even just virtually) at related LPP events;
- Working with LPP staff to develop relevant programming;
- Working with social media to create online content (blogs, posts, tweets, etc.);
- Agree to LPP Writer-in-Residence Terms for to-be-published manuscript;
- Commit to 6 (mostly) continuous months of “virtual residency.”
Again, Writer-in-Residence applications/nominations are reviewed in a judging process by the LPP Editorial Board, a collection of writing professionals. The LPP Writer-in-Residence will be announced no later than June of each residency year.